The Strategic Process Development Plan
The Crimean republican youth public organization “Crimean Republican Center of Intellectual Development” (CRCID) (up to 2020)
The Crimean republican youth public organization “Crimean Republican Center of Intellectual Development” is a non-profit organization, which was established in 2005.
The CRCID operates for satisfaction of intellectual needs of Ukrainians and promotion the development of the creative potential of Crimean young people. NGO operates as a training center engaged in organizing activities aimed at solution of acute social issues, such as interaction with other regions of Ukraine and countries on cultural exchange, health and family, free public consultation on social unsettledness. CRCID has experience in creation of strategic coalitions and their effective cooperation with youth organizations in Ukraine (for example, with the Ukrainian public organization “League of Ukrainian Clubs of Intellectual games”), as well as realization of activities related to the culture and development of leisure.
What do we want to achieve is the following ones:
- To develop interests, intellectual potential and leisure of the Ukrainian youth;
- To train the Crimean people on social and cultural issues;
- To promote ideas of prosperous social construction (active person, citizenship, healthy family, etc.);
- To consult Crimean people on issues related to the problems of social insecurity, discrimination and injustice;
- To organize and take part in cultural and entertainment events;
- To promote of various types of intellectual activity and intellectual creativity among citizens of Ukraine;
- To provide charitable and psychological help to people in need.
To whom should we direct our projects, services, etc.?
- To young people in Crimea and Ukraine (aged from 18 to 37);
- To NGOs that operate in sphere of empower the youth;
- To volunteer movement in Ukraine;
- To socially active and creative sections of the population.
How are we different from other NGOs working in our field?
- CRCID has big experience of implementation projects in this sphere;
- CRCID is focused on relevant needs of the Crimea youth;
- CRCID can involve into projects a good amount of volunteers and young people.
Why our work is necessary?
The comprehensive development of citizens of Crimea is a priority of the state. However, only the authorities support of such development is too few to get a positive result. So it is required concrete initiatives and their implementation by public organizations, creative clubs, youth communities and NGOs. In this term, the CRCID operates for consolidation of different kinds of social initiatives and their implementation in widely highlighted way.
To grow and develop the youth in Crimea into healthy, responsible, active and complete adults and citizens who confess a priority of democratic outlook and comprehensive personal development. To assist to attract resources and executors of youth organizations into Crimea for activities aimed at improving the intellectual, cultural and leisurely living.
1. Our middle-term targets are following ones:
- To establish contacts with other NGOs and youth communities of Ukraine and European countries;
- To participate in activities and implementation of social projects aimed at creating the conditions for the comprehensive development of youth;
- To carry out projects aimed at improving the professional and personal potential of the Crimean youth;
- To analyze the degree of awareness among the youth on social problems and ways of perspective self-realization;
- To engage youth in volunteer projects;
- To engage youth in cultural projects;
2. Our long-term targets are following ones:
- To give young people the knowledge about the existing methods of self-realization in professional, social and creative aspects;
- To develop already exiting partnerships and to establish new contacts;
- To participate in projects aimed at the promotion of intellectual development;
- To implement initiatives to consolidate the activities of the specialized centers to provide psychological support for youth;
- To involve the Crimean youth into actions related to the spread of mass cultural values.
Young people in Ukraine and Crimea from 18 to 37 of all nationalities, all ethnicities, all confessions, all political preferences. Special attention is paid to groups of active young people, students and persons who are engaged to organizations and communities concerned to the issues of intellectual, cultural and leisure activities.
How can our work impact on the lives of people?
CRCID raises development of intellectual potential of the Crimean youth in the following ways;
- CRCID provides training for the Crimean youth on social and cultural issues;
- CRCID develops and disseminates volunteering models to be involved into the worldwide movement of volunteers related to the needs of the youth;
- CRCID contributes to the formation of democratic values and intellectual needs of young people, such as self-expression, education, intellectual games, art, participation in cultural events and concerts, in Euroclubs and projects aimed at full growth of personality, etc.;
- CRCID looks for vacancies for the young people of the Crimea for further involvement of social and cultural projects.
What are our priorities?
- Protecting rights and interests of young Crimean people;
- Comprehensive development of young people;
- To develop better understanding of intellectual values and needs and their realization by young people;
- To promote active, emotionally positive lifestyle to socialize and to make a self-affirmation of young people;
- Participation in the global volunteer movement;
- Drawing public attention to the issues of intellectual development of youth and organizing leisure activities.
What challenges can we face in our work or in the field of the projects development?
- Indifference and non-involvement of young citizens;
- Excessive politicization of young people’s issues;
- Low level in representation of effective self-realization methods of young people in the new media in the Crimean Internet space;
- Low social standards-of-living level of the Crimean families and lack of developed supporting system for young people.
How can we cope with these?
- To more actively and widely raise awareness of young people’s life and possibilities of their intellectual realization;
- To develop better understanding of intellectual realization necessity in the society;
- To carry out activities aimed at recognizing the value intellectual growth of youth and importance of their contributions to the Crimean society;
- To intensify PR activities and mass-cultural actions;
- To implement projects to deal with problems related to the intellectual and leisure issues of young people.
What are our strategic partners?
1. “International Renaissance Foundation” (Ukrainian branch);
2. NGO “Center for development of Northeastern region” (Republic of Macedonia);
3. NGO “All-Crimean Union of Voters for Civil Peace and Interethnic Harmony” (Crimea, Ukraine);
4. NGO “Democratic and civil initiatives” (Crimea, Ukraine).
6. The Public Council by the Council of Ministers of Crimea.
How shall we better use the new contacts with other NGOs?
- Joint projects;
- Joint social actions;
- Joint trainings;
- Exchange of experience, of information and of methodology;
What sources of financing could you use not to depend on the single donor?
- We may apply for grants to EU, UNFPA, UNDP programs and other relevant;
- We may receive assistance from international organizations and charitable foundations
- We also expect that our Parliament will approve the legal documents on charity and social order.
To have better understanding of the capacity, plus the following fundamental aspects of the organization:
- CRCID has already accumulated vast experience in the field;
- CRCID has well trained staff;
- CRCID has also developed strong collegial ties with other NGOs, representatives of cultural centers, and governmental agencies;
- CRCID uses the financial and human resources available to maintain its viability.
Financial management involves elements fundamental to operating a successful organization. These include budgeting, record keeping, financial reporting, and internal control.
Budgeting: establishing a budget helps ensure that your resources are allocated in line with your organization’s aims and objectives.
Record Keeping and Financial Reporting:
- Record and report current, accurate and complete financial information;
- Record and identify the use of funds;
- Ensure effective control over and accountability of funds and other assets;
- Compare expenses with budgeted amounts for each grant;
- Maintain accounting records supported by source documentation;
- Determine if costs are reasonable, can be properly allocated, and are allowable under the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Keep cash in a safe place for not longer than 3 days according to Ukrainian legislation;
- Make sure that every expenditure is properly authorized;
- Carry out a “bank reconciliation” each month to ensure that the amount of cash we have in the bank matches the amount shown by our accounting system.
Funding Sources & Financial Sustainability
Once we have defined our mission statement and strategic vision, analyzed our internal and external environments, and identified ways to strengthen CRCID organizational and financial capabilities, we can begin to focus on looking for donors that match CRCID mission and objectives.
Financial sustainability is a long-term, ongoing process, requiring effective strategic planning. CRCID should look for income generating activities or local funding sources for long-term financial sustainability. Strategies may include attracting multiple donors to fund different activities, and diversifying our funding base through income generation projects, fees for services.
Another approach to enhancing sustainability is to form a partnership or network. Networks may link together NGOs, the private sector, government departments, research institutions, the media, or other entities based on a geographic area or sector focus.